Return to Layout View
Follow UMaine on Twitter
Join UMaine on Facebook
Watch UMaine on YouTube
Parents & Family
- The University of Maine offers Maine’s most comprehensive academic experience, with more than 90 undergraduate majors and programs, 75 master’s programs and 30 doctoral programs.
- UMaine is Maine’s primary Ph.D.-granting institution.
- UMaine has one of the country’s oldest Honors programs, established in 1935.
- Fogler Library is Maine’s largest library, with more than 5.2 million holdings, and the official repository for many state and federal documents and papers.
- With 211 faculty and 2,742 students, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers Maine’s most comprehensive liberal arts experience.
- Home to one of four Phi Beta Kappa chapters in Maine.
- Birthplace of Phi Kappa Phi international honor society, founded in 1897.
- The Maine Business School is one of U.S. News and World Report’s best business colleges (2010, 2011) and one of Eduniversal’s top 1,000 business schools worldwide (154 U.S. institutions included in the list, 2011).
- UMaine is home to the Foster Center for Student Innovation, and is the birthplace of the Innovation Engineering minor. These unique programs encourage entrepreneurship by providing students with the resources, networking opportunities and skills they need to develop, refine, communicate and implement new ideas.
- 242 students have taken part in UMaine’s Congressional Internship Program since its inception in 1958 (fall 2011).
Points of Pride