Facilities Available for Use - High Speed Pilot Coater
The coating capabilities of the PDC have been recently expanded with our new access to a high-speed, web coater. Coating is a key method of adding value and functionality to webs of paper, foil and specialized composite materials. This industrial-quality unit is able to directly coat paper made on the pilot paper machine using a wide range of coating application methods.
Some of the features of the coater include:
- Capabilities ranging from bench top to high-speed
- Speeds up to 4200 fpm (feet per minute)
- Can be performed in forward or reverse
- Can process webs of up to 28 inches in width
- Trailing blade, including short dwell and rod coating
- Various drying options including hot air impingement
- Extensive laminating capabilities
To find out more about our organization and how to work with us, please refer back to our Home page. To learn about our pilot laboratory coater, continue on to the Next Page.
Image Description: The high-speed coater at Sappi
Back to Facilities Available for Use