Effective April 1, 2013, all personnel named in a proposal must satisfactorily complete Conflict of Interest (COI) training using the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program. The training typically takes about 30 minutes to complete; certification is valid for four years.
Prior to submitting a request for funding from an extramural source, the Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-PIs must:
- Review UMaine’s revised Policies and Procedures for Financial Disclosures and Conflicts of Interest in Extramurally Sponsored Activities (PDF)
- Complete the COI training (Instructions for establishing a CITI account and completing COI training (PDF))
- Update their PARS User Profile with the COI training date of successful completion (Note: The PARS user profile can be accessed from the PARS homepage titled ‘User Activities Menu’)
- Complete the Financial Disclosure Statement/Investigator Certification in PARS (Note: This certification is project specific and can be found on the “Project Information” screen)
- Submit a Significant Financial Interest Disclosure Form (PDF) to ORSP, if applicable.
More information can be found at: http://umaine.edu/orsp/compliance/conflict-of-interest/