Pre-Award - NSF Fastlane at UMaine
Contact Person: Robin Crocker (207) 581-1419
Fastlane is the National Science Foundation’s electronic proposal submission website and is the only way NSF will accept a proposal. To submit a proposal via Fastlane:
- Notify ORSP of your intent to submit a proposal
- Obtain necessary University approvals using PARS
- Enter proposal information and upload necessary documents to the Fastlane site
- Notify ORSP that the proposal is ready to submit
Resources & Links
- NSF Fastlane
- NSF Instructions for Preparing and Submitting a Fastlane Proposal
- NSF Proposal and Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PDF) – Effective 1/8/11
- NSF Proposal and Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PDF)- Effective 1/14/13
- How to Manage your NSF Award
- UMaine Memorandum: Guidance for NSF Data Management Plan (Word)
Click one of the links below to download the file. If your browser uses a program or plug-in to view the file rather than prompting for a destination, use File/SaveAs from the menu bar to save it to the correct location on your local computer. Make sure that you include the file extension (the text after the dot) when saving so that the files will behave correctly when used.
- Current and Pending Support Form 1239 (Word) – MS Word version of the NSF Current and Pending Support form (NSF 1239) with tabbed fields for easy data entry. Especially handy for investigators with many sources of support to enter.
- ORSP Project Budget Spreadsheet (Excel) – Excel 97-2003 spreadsheet developed by ORSP for constructing a proposal budget.