Identify Funding - Non-Profit Foundations
Faculty and staff considering foundation funding must read General Guidance for UMaine Personnel Seeking Extramural and Gift Support (Word) which outlines both the roles of the Development Office and ORSP in administering requests for foundation funding and the grant seeker’s responsibility to obtain clearance to proceed with a request.
Faculty and staff also should read University of Maine Limited and Internal Competitions Policy (Word) which outlines the selection process followed when the number of submissions, from any one institution to a solicitation, is limited. Proposals that are not cleared for submission under either policy will not be sanctioned by the University.
For those new to the process of identifying and applying for foundation awards, ORSP offers individualized assistance on a first come, first served basis. Those interested should contact Wendy Eckert at: email@example.com or (207) 581-2657. New and seasoned grant seekers, alike, are strongly encouraged to maintain current profiles in the Faculty Staff Database which may be used to match funding opportunities to research interests.
Foundation Tracker is a notification service offered by the University of Maine Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP). It is published quarterly to provide grant seekers with timely information on foundation funding opportunities across all fields of inquiry. Opportunities listed in Foundation Tracker are in no way meant to be exhaustive. Grant seekers should avail themselves of other funding search tools, including the Directory of Maine Grantmakers available at The Development Office, and ORSP’s online Funding Opportunities Calendar.
Foundation Funding Resources:
- Foundation Tracker (an ORSP Bulletin)
- Foundation Directory Online (FDO) – A paid subscription service available to UMaine (via Fogler Library)
- PIVOT (formerly Community of Science) – Funding database, subscription courtesy of Fogler Library
- Foundation Center E-mail notification of foundation funding opportunities in fields you specify
- Fundsnet Services Lists of foundation and funders’ websites
- GrantsNet.org Alerts on funds for biomedical research and undergraduate science education