Welcome - Our Mission
The office of Budget and Business Services provides three distinct services to the University of Maine Community:
Budget • Financial Analysis • Travel & Expense Processing
- Provides day-to-day support for the maintenance of the Educational and General (E&G) and Auxiliary Services budgets.
- Develops both short term and long-term budget planning in conjunction with the Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost and campus constituents.
- Builds the unrestricted budgets as per directives given by the University of Maine System and the institution’s own budget building process.
- Provides to the campus and its boards extensive visual interpretations of the budget process and its details through PowerPoint presentations.
- Balances all budgets annually.
- Establishes and maintains the campus-wide Position Management budgeting module.
- Authorizes, maintains access and trains campus personnel to the PeopleSoft Financial module.
- Responds and provides direct support to faculty and staff who have departmental budget issues.
- Disseminates, prepares and collects information in response to the System Office requests for interim and year-end reconciliations of all budgeted funds.
- Provides direct support to the Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance for all financial analysis related to University funds.
- Responds to inquiries by the System Office and campus departments.
- Prepares during the fiscal year, four interim forecasts reports for unrestricted operations.
- Completes System-wide mandated and ad-hoc campus reports.
- Develops financial reports and information.
Travel and Expense Processing:
- Processes all requests for travel advances and reconciles expense vouchers
- Works closely with faculty and staff to ensure that policies related to travel and expenditures are reported accurately.
- Authorizes the use of P-Card for non-airfare related expenses
- Documents and records all travel expenses within the PeopleSoft Expense module.
- Reviews and processes all non-travel expense reimbursements for faculty and staff.
Back to Welcome