Travel - About Travel & Expense Reimbursements
Requests for Travel Advances: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 3:30 pm, 101 Alumni Hall
Direct deposit for travel & expenses apply to regular, monthly/biweekly employees (including graduate assistants). Note: Regular, undergrad students will receive paper checks.
UMaine employees with direct payroll deposit are reimbursed for University travel or expenses to their selected bank account. Funds are available in your bank account soon after each check run, depending upon your bank (currently twice weekly). Reimbursement requests can be reviewed online through MaineStreet Portal > Employee Self-Service. Cash advances remain in cash/paper check form.
UMaine employees who receive a paper paychecks, will continue to receive paper checks for travel and expense reimbursements. To initiate future reimbursements for direct deposit into a bank account, add your banking information into MaineStreet Portal > Employee Self-Service.
Direct Deposit Set Up/Changes
- The initial setup uses payroll deposit bank account information with the highest order priority. The bank information may be changed at any time by logging into MaineStreet Portal > Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expenses > T&E Direct Deposit.
- Bank account data for Travel and Expense payments and Payroll is maintained independently. Changes to the Travel and Expense bank account will not impact the Payroll Account and vice versa.
- Remember, this is a convenient service that saves time and money !!
- Travel Expense Reimbursement FAQs
- Travel & Expense Direct Deposit Reference Guide
- Reviewing Payments
- Reviewing Expense History