The University of Maine School of Nursing awarded a HRSA Advance Education Nursing Traineeship grant to increase Family Nurse Practitioners in rural and underserved areas in Maine. This grant provides tuition assistance and a generous stipend beginning fall 2014 - May 2016. Eligibility requirements include commitment to rural health care practice and
1) Formal admission as a graduate student to the MSN/FNP program
2) Full –time student registered for 6 credits in both Fall & Spring semesters. (Funds do not cover summer courses)
3) Being a US citizen or with a permanent US resident work visa (“Green Card”)
4) Not receiving funding from other sources. (excluding student loans).
5) Maintaining satisfactory academic standards
For further information please contact the School of Nursing at 581-2505 or the Program Coordinator at
For a personal perspective please read in which Kelly McCoubrey,RN discusses how these funds will impact her educational goals.