Contact: Joe Carr at (207) 581-3571
ORONO — As winter approaches, members of the UMaine community may wish to review the university’s inclement weather plan, online at http://www.umaine.edu/weatherpolicy/.
While class cancellations attributable to weather are rare, there are a number of ways to stay informed about the current status of scheduled classes.
Broadcast television and radio cancellation lists may be useful, but they are less timely and reliable than the numerous information channels UMaine uses to directly update students, faculty members and staff members:
- Recorded announcements at 581-SNOW
- Posted updates at http://www.umaine.edu
- Text messages delivered through the UMaine.txt emergency messaging system (http://www.umaine.edu/emergency/); be sure to select the “Class Cancellations Due to Inclement Weather” group option
- Information notices in several First Class folders: Announcements & Alerts, Provost/Acad Affairs, University Forum and Parking/Traffic Issues
- The UMaine News Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/umainenews
- The UMaine News Twitter feed: http://www.twitter.com/umainenews