Bachelor of Arts Programs - Bachelor of Arts in Latin
Admission to the Latin major and minor has been suspended.
Students are encouraged to pursue the minor in Latin or Classics.
- Demonstration of listening comprehension, oral, reading, and writing proficiency
- Demonstration of comprehensive coverage of literature and civilization through successful completion of appropriate course work
- 24 credit-hours beyond the intermediate level.
- LAT 247 and LAT 248 should be taken in the junior year or earlier.
- 18 credit-hours in two or more related disciplines in Arts and Sciences, including other languages and courses in translation offered by the department.
- If pursuing Classical Studies, one should take 6 credit-hours in Greek and CLA 101 and CLA 102.
Back to Bachelor of Arts Programs