Bachelor of Arts Programs - Bachelor of Arts in German
Admission into the German major and minor has been suspended. The Department is currently offering elementary and intermediate language courses (GER 101/102/203/204).
Students are encouraged to pursue the minor in German: 18 credits above the elementary level, 12 of which must be at the 300-level or higher.
B.A. General Requirements:
- Demonstration of oral, aural, reading and writing proficiency.
- Students who have not received at least a grade of B in GER 305 or 306 may be required to take a language test.
- Demonstration of comprehensive coverage of literature and civilization through successful completion of appropriate course work, 30 credits above the intermediate level.
- GER 306: Readings in German Literature or eqivalent
- 15 hours of 400 level German courses
- Study abroad – Junior Year in Salzburg
- HTY 426: History of Modern Germany