Bachelor of Arts Programs - Bachelor of Arts in French
- Demonstration of listening comprehension, oral, reading, and writing proficiency (Students who have not received at least a grade of “B” in FRE 305 or FRE 306 may be required to take a test in languages skills).
- Demonstration of comprehensive coverage of literature and civilization through successful completion of 30 credit-hours of appropriate course work
- 9 credit-hours above intermediate level
- 9 credit hours above intermediate level that must include either FRE 305 or FRE 306 and either FRE 309 or 310, and FRE 320 French Pronunciation
- At least 18 credit-hours of 400-level French courses, which must include FRE 400 Advanced Grammar and two courses in literature.
- 3 credit-hours of French, French-Canadian, or Franco-American Civilization
- FRE 397 French May Term in Québec or FRE 398 French Immersion:
Western France (Waived for a full-year or semester abroad experience.)
- INT 410 Introduction to the Study of Linguistics
- INT 410: Introduction to the Study of Linguistics (3 credit-hours)
- History of a Francophone country (3 credits)
- Full-year or semester-abroad program
- HTY 105: History of European Civilization I
- HTY 106: History of European Civilization I
- HTY 422: Modern France