Educate/Engage - Engagement Activities
General Interest Publications
- Maine Policy Review Vol.21 No.1: Special Issue: Sustainability
- Sustainability Solutions Initiative Newsletter
- Sustainability Solutions Initiative Brochure (pdf document)
- Sustainability Solutions Initiative Year 5 (7/1/13-6/30/14)
- Sustainability Solutions Initiative Year 4 (7/1/12-6/30/13)
- Sustainability Solutions Initiative Year 3 (7/1/11-6/30/12)
- Sustainability Solutions Initiative Year 2 (7/1/10-6/30/11)
- Sustainability Solutions Initiative Year 1 (7/1/09-6/30/10)
Our interdisciplinary research teams work in close partnership with stakeholders to maximize the relevance and potential value of research for decision-making. Our collaborative approach rests on a foundation of mutual respect, open communication, and a belief in the value of diverse ideas and experiences. Current stakeholder partners include tribal governments, state and federal agencies, non-governmental organizations and the private sector.
“Anytime you can get experienced fishermen, who have lived their lives on the water, together with university researchers, who have the richness of their scientific background, generally, good things happen.”
—Will Hopkins, Executive Director, Cobscook Bay Resource Center
PEARL is no longer being updated with new data. Data have been moved to a new site called KnowledgeBase. The KnowledgeBase site is updated frequently with new documents and data sets. Additional information that was available on PEARL is now accessible using the links below.
- Lakes of Maine
Water quality, fisheries & other information about Maine lakes.
- Acadia National Park
Access to the Park comprehensive bibliography and a growing series of Acadia-related data sets.
- Boston Harbor Islands
Information on the 30 islands in this National Recreation Area.
- Freshwater Biodiversity in Maine
Species Mapper, documents & data sets for Maine’s aquatic plant and animal communities. Data compilations are based on the Maine Aquatic Biodiversity Project.
- Diadromous Species Restoration Research Network (DSRRN website)
DSRRN’s Natural Variability Records in KnowledgeBase
- Penobscot Basin Library
A collection of ~ 1000 documents related to the Penobscot watershed. Compiled in 2008.
- Urban Streams
Documents, data sets & organizations focusing on urban stream issues in Maine.