Faculty and Staff - Zhihe Jin, Ph.D.
226 Boardman Hall
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5711
Phone: (207) 581-2135
Fax: (207) 581-2379
- Ph.D., Engineering Mechanics
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1988
- M.S., Engineering Mechanics
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1985
- B.S., Mechanics
Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China,1982
Mechanical behavior of advanced materials, fracture mechanics, thermal stresses, geophysics.
Click on link below for a complete list of journal publications with citation data.
- MEE 252 Statics and Strength of Materials
- MEE 320 Materials Engineering and Science
- MEE 450 Introduction to the Mechanics of Composite Materials
- MEE 471 Mechanical Vibrations
- MEE 546 Finite Elements in Solid Mechanics
- MEE 644 Mechanical Engineering Analysis I
- Z.-H. Jin and S. E. Johnson, 2008, Magma-driven multiple dike propagation and fracture toughness of crustal rocks, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 113, Article No. B03206.
- Z.-H. Jin and C. T. Sun, 2005, Cohesive zone modeling of interface fracture in elastic bimaterials, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 72, pp. 1805-1817.
- Z.-H. Jin and R. H. Dodds , Jr., 2004, Crack growth resistance behavior of a functionally graded material: computational studies, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 71, pp. 1651-1672.
- Z.-H. Jin and R. C. Batra, 1996, Some basic fracture mechanics concepts in functionally graded materials, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 44, pp. 1221-1235.
- Z.-H. Jin and Y.-W. Mai, 1995, Effect of damage on thermal shock strength behavior of ceramics, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Vol. 78, pp. 1873-1881.
- Z.-H. Jin and N. Noda, 1994, Crack-tip singular fields in nonhomogeneous materials, ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 61, pp. 738-740.
Image Description: Jin-2
Back to Faculty and Staff