Complex Flow Modeling & Simulation Lab - Open Positions
We invite applications for a Ph.D. student assistantship in the Department of
Mechanical Engineering at the University of Maine, Orono starting from Spring
2013 or Fall 2013. The successful applicant will work under the supervision of
Dr. Xudong Zheng to conduct research in the area of computational modeling of biological flows. He/She will receive the financial support for full tuition
fee and living expense.
- BS or MS degree in fluid mechanics, applied mathematics, or related areas.
- Good knowledge of fluid mechanics, mathematics and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent modeling and simulation skills.
- Good programming skills in Fortran and C++.
- Previous experience in computational fluid dynamics.
- Good writing and communication skills in English
Experiences in the followings are considered as a plus:
- Using/developing large scale in-house CFD code
- Cartesian grid method(immersed boundary method, VOF, level set etc.)
- High performance computing (MPI, openMP, or CUDA)
- Flow-structure interaction modeling
- Biological flow
- Biomedical image processing
- Computational geometry
Please send the detailed CV, statement of purpose, copy of the transcript and three references directly to email@example.com.