Faculty and Staff - James Sucec, M.S., P.E.
202 Boardman Hall
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5711
Phone: (207) 581-2124
Fax: (207) 581-2379
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering
University of Connecticut, 1963
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
University of Connecticut, 1962
Analytical/numerical methods in transient, conjugated forced convection and steady turbulent boundary layer heat transfer.
Professor Sucec is in the thermal sciences area and teaches heat transfer, thermodynamics and fluid flow at the undergraduate level as well as courses in conduction and forced convection heat transfer at the graduate level. His current research interests include analytical and numerical work in heat transfer across turbulent boundary layers and in transient, conjugated, forced convection heat transfer. The focus of present research is in transpired turbulent flow and heat transfer.
- MEE 230 Thermodynamics I
- MEE 231 Thermodynamics II
- MEE 432 Heat Transfer
- MEE 536 Advanced Heat Transfer I
- MEE 638 Advanced Heat Transfer II
- Sucec, J. Modern integral method calculation of turbulent boundary layers. Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 552-557, 2006.
- Sucec, J. Calculation of turbulent boundary layers using equilibrium thermal wakes. ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 127, No. 2, pp. 159-164, 2005.
- Sucec, J. Unsteady forced convection with sinusoidal duct wall generation: The conjugate heat transfer problem. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 45, No. 8, pp. 1631-1642, 2002.
- Sucec, J; Weng, HZ. Unsteady, conjugated duct heat transfer solution with wall heating. Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 16, No.1, pp. 128-134, 2002.
- Sucec, J. Prediction of heat transfer in turbulent, transpired boundary layers. ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 121, No. 1, pp. 186-190, 1999.
- Oljaca, M; Sucec, J. Prediction of transpired turbulent boundary layers with arbitrary pressure gradients. ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 119, No. 3, pp. 526-532, 1997.
Image Description: Sucec-2
Back to Faculty and Staff