Assistant Professor , Mechanical Engineering
Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS)
206 Boardman Hall
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5711
Phone: (207) 581-3657
Fax: (207) 581-2379
Email: alireza dot sarvestani at umit dot maine dot edu
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2005
- M.Sc., Civil Engineering
Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, 1999
- B.Sc., Civil Engineering
Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, 1997
Cell biomechanics, soft matter and biological physics, mechanics of polymers, molecular modeling of polymer based nanocomposites, solid mechanics, constitutive modeling of solid heterogeneous materials
- MEE 230 Thermodynamics I
- MEE 270 Dynamics
- MEE 320 Materials Science & Engineering
- MEE 557 Continuum Mechanics
- MEE 697 Tissue Engineering
- Sarvestani, A.S., 2011. A model for cell motility on soft bio-adhesive substrates. Journal of Biomechanics 44, 755-788.
- Sarvestani, A.S., 2011. Specific adhesion of vesicles to compliant bio-adhesive substrates. International Journal of Solids and Structures 48, 388-395.
- Sarvestani, A.S., 2010. Compliance of bio-adhesive substrates controls the kinetics of membrane-substrate association. Journal of Theoretical Biology 266, 516-521.
- Sarvestani, A.S., 2010. Cell adhesion on ligand gradient substrates: a thermodynamic study. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 105, 172-183.
- Sarvestani, A.S., 2008. Modeling the solid-like behavior of entangled polymer nanocomposites at low frequency regimes. European Polymer Journal 44, 263-269.
- Sarvestani, A.S., Picu, C.R., 2004. Network model for viscoelastic behavior of polymer nanocomposites. Polymer 45, 7779-7790.