Crosby Laboratory - Ultrasonic Testing and Degradation Mechanics
The Laboratory has the facilities for mechanical testing and post-mortem characterization of mechanical properties. Available equipment includes extensive ultrasonic transducers and laboratory equipment for ultrasonic NDE, including:
- Large Ultrasonic Scanning Tank (4 x 6 x 3 foot).
- 5 Axis Scanning Acoustic Microscope.
- Tektronics TDS520 Digital Storage Oscilloscope – 1 Gigasample/second.
- Ritec Square Wave 1050V Pulser.
- Stavley Roller UT Transducers – 250 kHz. nominal center frequency.
- 8 Channel 1 Megasample/second Field Data Acquisition Unit.
- 4 Channel 20 Megasample/second Field Data Acquisition Unit.
- 4 Channel Piezoelectric Battery Powered Preamp System.
- 2 Channel Piezoelectric AC Powered Preamp System.