Impact on Maple Syrup Producers
What difference has the grading school made for producers?
Impacts from a long term survey showed the following results:
- 93% of respondents gave the school an overall rating of 8-10 on a 10 point scale.
- 93% of respondents agreed that the lectures were effective in increasing their knowledge about grading maple syrup.
- 100% of respondents agreed that the hands-on exercises were effective in increasing their knowledge about grading maple syrup.
- 96% of respondents agreed that networking with other producers was effective in increasing their knowledge about grading maple syrup and 81% are still in contact with other participants in the school.
- Respondents were asked about implementation of five maple syrup grading skills as a result of attending the school. Practice implementation rates ranged from 42% to 74% for all five skills. Eight replied that they had judged a syrup contest as a result of the school.
- 96% of respondents agreed that attending this school met their needs.
Of the eight responses on the impact of the school on their business: 75% stated that the school saved them money, increased their profit, increased their sales or reduced their costs. Of the two who estimated the amount, the estimates ranged from 10 to 70%.