If you have a balance due to the University, you must make payment arrangements now. Please review your account on MaineStreet Self-Service. If you have a balance due that is not covered by anticipated aid, or other Anticipated Resources please remit payment by one of the following options:
- You can pay online by electronic check or credit card through your MaineStreet Student Center. To learn how to make an online payment, go to umaine.edu/bursar/online/
- You can authorize other to view your account and make online payments on your behalf. To learn how to authorize other(s) to have access to your account and make a payment on your behalf, go to umaine.edu/bursar/user/.
- You can mail a payment by check or money order to The University of Maine Bursar’s Office, 5703 Alumni Hall, Room 100, Orono, Maine 04469-5703.
- You can pay in person by cash and check at The Bursar’s Office located at 5703 Alumni Hall, Room 100, Orono, Maine 04469-5703. Cashiers in the Bursar’s office are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
- For those who find it convenient to make monthly payments, the University of Maine is pleased to offer the tuition payment plan administered by Higher One. Enrolling in a tuition payment plan is easy. Simply visit tuitionpaymentplan.com/umaine choose the payment plan option that is best for you and follow the easy steps to complete your enrollment. The fees for the Tuition Payment Plan are $95.00 for an annual plan or $70.00 for a semester plan.Please call Higher One at 1-800-635-0120 if you have any questions about the plan, and a specialist will be happy to assist you.
To enter any credit not shown on your student bill, you must enter your Anticipated Resources by logging into MaineStreet and navigating to Student Self-Service > StudentCenter > Self Service > Campus Finances > Anticipated Resources. For detailed instructions on how to enter your Anticipated Resources please go to: umaine.edu/bursar/resources
Should you have any questions concerning your account balance, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 207-581-1521.