Project Development and Reporting - Institutional Assurances
Principal investigators must provide evidence of approval by appropriate University compliance committees to have projects approved by the station director and the USDA. Below are links to information on university and USDA compliance processes and forms.
- UMaine Research Compliance (web)
- Memorandum for Proposals Involving Human Subjects (doc)
- Memorandum for Proposals Involving Vertebrate Animals (doc)
- USDA’s Current Research Information System (CRIS) Forms Assistance (web)
- Instructions for Entering Project Assurances Information into the CRIS Database (web)
More about Providing Institutional Assurances
It is the responsibility of the principal investigator (PI) to provide formal assurances that the proposed work has received the required institutional review and approval to comply with federal regulations and university policy for research on vertebrate animals, human subjects, radioactive materials, and recombinant DNA or infectious agents. PIs can find information on compliance committees, processes, and forms on the UMaine Vice-President for Research webpage under the Research Compliance link.