Resources for Staff & Students - Project Development and Reporting
Station projects are led by faculty members in the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture. Initiation of new research begins with faculty development of an approved project. Below are links to instructions and forms on project development and reporting. For assistance, please contact Charlene Herrick (firstname.lastname@example.org / 581-3204).
Primary Instructions and Forms
- Current Station Member (Initiating a New Project)
- New Station Member (Creating an Initial Project)
- Joining a Multistate Project
- Providing Institutional Assurances for Proposed Research
- Describing Project Outcomes in Proposals and Reports
- Entering project information into REEPort
- Entering Multistate Participant Information into the NIMSS Database
- Example of a Project Timetable (doc)
- Example of Outstanding Research Proposals
- Links to all Forms
Station Projects: Scope and Approval Process
The Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station administers its research program by linking all funding support and progress reporting to formally approved projects as mandated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Approved projects must be within the scope of the federal acts that are the basis for federal and state (university) funding for station activities, meet other USDA requirements, and meet station standards. Project directors (PDs) and the station are required to report annually to the USDA on the progress, achievements, and impacts of each approved project.