Home - Wildlife
Following is a list of publications on wildlife-related topics that are available from the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station. Some publications are also available in an electronic format, which may be accessed by clicking on the publication number.
NOTE: PDF files require Acrobat Reader to view the file. You can download Acrobat Reader from Adobe for free.
- B839–Black bear hunting in Maine: Do hunter characteristics affect opinions regarding hunting regulations, by ElHamazaoui, et al. (1994)
- MP752–Occurrence, distribution, and survey methods for native terrestrial mammals in Acadia National Park, Mount Desert Island, Maine, by Fuller and Harrison (2003)
- MP712–Integrating wildlife habitat into local planning: A handbook for Maine communities, by Venno (1991)
- MR253–A landowner’s guide to woodcock management in the Northeast, by Sepick, Owen, and Coulter (1981)
- TB157–Capture, care and handling of fishers (Martes pennanti), by Frost and Krohn (1994)
- TB153–A long-term study of an oak pine forest ecosystem: Techniques manual for the Holt Research Forest, by Witham, et al. (1993)
- TB132–An annotated bibliography of predator research in Maine, 1974-1988, by Arthur and Krohn (1988)
- TB086–Waterfowl population as related to habitat changes in bog wetlands of the Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge, by Fefer (1977)
- TB078–Food habits and body measurements of mourning doves in southwestern Maine, by Schemnitz (1975)
Back to Home