Events - Aroostook Organic Grain Twilight Meeting and BBQ
Organic Grain Twilight Meeting and BBQ
Tuesday, July 9th, 2013
5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
UMaine Cooperative Extension Office
57 Houlton Road, Presque Isle
Free – but pre-registration is required for the meal – Pre-register by July 5th
To pre-register, call or email Meghan Dill – (207) 581-3878 – email@example.com
Co-sponsored by UMaine Extension, Organic Valley, and Maine Organic Milling (MOM)
Please join us and learn about:
- Markets for organic feed and food grains
- Crop options and production basics for organic grain markets – field peas, barley, wheat, soybeans, oats, spelt, triticale
- Managing weeds in organic small grains, field peas, and soybeans
- Underseeding clovers, ryegrasses, and mixes in barley for green manure or forage
- Organic grain production examples from PEI
|John Chartier, MOFGA & Organic Valley||Eric Gallandt, UMaine Weed Ecologist|
|Mark Kopecky, Agronomist, Organic Valley/CROPP||Ellen Mallory, UMaine Extension Specialist|
|Tom Molloy, UMaine Research Associate||Andrew Plant, UMaine Extension Educator|
BBQ will follow the field tour. Provided by Organic Valley/CROPP.
2 Certified Crop Advisor credits and 1 Pesticide credits will be offered .
For questions regarding the field day, contact Ellen Mallory at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 581-2942.
If you are a person with a disability and will need an accommodation to participate in this program, please call Ellen Mallory at 207-581-2941 to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 7 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however all requests will be accepted.