Safe Zone Training
Safe Zone Trainings are back up and running!
Displaying a Rainbow Resource Spot sticker means that you value the diversity of people and see LGBT people as an integral and valid part of that diversity; you do not need to be gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender in order to display a sticker. On a more concrete level, displaying this sticker means that you are comfortable discussing LGBT issues with others and want to demonstrate your support.
You may find that your sticker precipitates conversation about gay rights with an acquaintance, elicits feedback from your friends, or even prompts someone in your life to come out to you. Rainbow Resource Spot stickers do not indicate one’s complete and absolute LGBT knowledge; these stickers simply encourage campus community members to approach you as a resource.
Those displaying a Rainbow Resource Spot Sticker should:
- Be supportive of LGBT people
- Become knowledgeable of the resources available at UMaine
- Be willing and able to refer to one of the available resources if unable to assist personally
- Be aware of the impact a rainbow resource spot sticker will have on his or her area
- Remove stickers when permanently vacating rooms or offices.
For more information on how to obtain a Rainbow Resource sticker, please contact Muna Abdullahi on First Class.