At LASST, our mission is to:
- Perform fundamental and applied research & development on problems related to surfaces, interfaces, thin film materials, solid-state devices, micro/nano systems, and sensor technology through federal research grants and contracts.
- Transfer basic and applied research developments to the industrial sector and participate in joint university-industrial funded research projects.
- Provide research opportunities and advanced laboratory training for M.S. and Ph.D. students, undergraduates, postdoctoral fellows, and visiting scientists.
- Organize internal and external seminar programs, workshops and topical conferences.
- Offer introductory and advanced courses on topics such as nanotechnology, surface physics and chemistry, materials science, vacuum technology, materials analysis, thin film technology, bioengineering, micro/nano fabrication, sensor technology, and microelectronics.