You are invited to participate in a research project being led by George Criner, Director of The School of Economics, at the University of Maine. The purpose of the research is to help businesses determine what steps may be taken to improve their viability, assess their levels and areas of risk and their potential for improved economic performance.
What Will You Be Asked to Do?
If you decide to participate, you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire and potentially provide a tour of your facility. It should take approximately 2 hours to complete the initial data collection. After the questionnaire has been filled out and sent back to us we envision the process as follows:
- We assemble a team of faculty, staff, and graduate students for a consultation-briefing on issues impacting your business.
- We will process this information and carry out some research and analysis.
- Selected faculty, staff, graduate students may work with one or more of your staff to collect data and/or conduct some analysis at your location. (Perhaps a day or two)
- We will provide some preliminary recommendations and ask for your feedback. (Few hours of your time)
- Some follow up work on our part may take place prior to our final report and presentation to you.