Flash and HTML 5
Flash content that is accessible will generally follow these rules:
NOTE: flash is not supported in the University’s WordPress system
- Wherever a meaningful image is used, an alt text description is given.
- Movie files have a meaningful description which can be read by a screen reader.
- Objects have intuitive keyboard shortcuts.
- If sound files are used, a text alternative is available.
- The flash content is scalable.
If you plan on using Flash content, be sure there is an alternative means to navigate your website.
Accessibility in HTML 5 can be tricky. Here is a table describing accessibility workarounds for HTML 5 http://html5accessibility.com/index-aria.html