Who to Contact
US:IT Support Center, 17 Shibles Hall, 581-2506 or 800- 696-4357/ email@example.com
- General software assistance & virus cleanings
- Help with access to your UMS account (MaineStreet, Blackboard, maine.edu email) or FirstClass e-mail
- Support for most PC and Apple needs as well as many smart devices
- Telecom and Network requests
- Canon printer support
Telecom and Network, Data Center, Neville Hall: 581-2506 or 800-696-4357/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- To report a problem with phones, voicemail or network connections
- Install/remove phone service
- Install/remove data jack/network connection
Classroom Technology Support (Media Services): 581-2500
- Reserve and borrow equipment (Valid MaineCard Required)
Call Fogler Library Circulation Desk, 581-1641.
Look at Equipment/Availability: http://goo.gl/U7DCPe
- Get help configuring or operating equipment
Call Media Services, 581-2500.
- Determine the most appropriate technologies for instruction
Call Faculty Development Center, 581-3333.
Instructional Technologies (Faculty Development Center), 149 Memorial Union: 581-3333
- Provides support for all campus educators teaching at UMaine on the following campus approved classroom technologies:
- Course development using Blackboard
- Google Apps for Education
- Instructional technology solutions
- Media streaming
- Bubble sheet processing
- Assistance ordering custom computer configurations through the technology provided in Mainestreet Marketplace
Computer Repair, University Bookstore Tech Center: 888-77-TECH-9 (888-778-3249)
The University of Bookstore has experienced, highly skilled and friendly technicians from TechPort on site in the Bookstore’s Tech Center. Apple and PC certified technicians are available to help with Mac and PC service and data recovery Monday through Friday from 10 am to 4 pm. Never a charge for diagnostics–we’ll diagnose the issue for free and provide you with a quote for repair.
Video Conferencing Support/Orono campus
- Reserve a video conference equipped classroom, call classroom scheduling: 581-1299
- Reserve a video conference equipped room for a meeting: 581-1610
- Tech support for video conference classes/meetings: 581-2500
MaineCard Service Center, Memorial Union: 581-CARDemail@example.com
The MaineCard is the official University of Maine ID. Eligible and valid cardholders include full- or part-time students, faculty and staff. While you are associated with the University, the MaineCard is the only card you will need to access facilities, services and optional spending accounts while on campus! Optional spending accounts include Dining Funds and Black Bear Bucks.
Security Access (Room and Residence Halls) & Video Surveillance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cable TV Services: email@example.com
Computer Classrooms & Clusters
Below is the list of computer classrooms which are available for instruction and special events by calling Classroom Scheduling at 581-1299.
- 310 Lord Hall (Macintosh)
- Stewart Hall (Macintosh)
- 111 DP Corbett Business Building (Windows)
- 124 Barrows Hall (Macintosh)
- 4 Dunn Hall (Windows)
- 318 Boardman Hall (Windows)
- 215 Little Hall (Windows
- Public Computer clusters (Macintosh and Windows) are located in the Memorial Union and Fogler Library. The public clusters cannot be scheduled or reserved, but they offer a variety of popular software packages for walk-in use.
Collaborative Media Lab, 1st Floor Fogler Library: 581-4641
This computer lab offers high end graphic, video and audio production for the University of Maine community and contains some of the best equipment and programs needed for Multimedia, Web and Graphic Design. The lab is open during Library hours.
Classroom Suggestions, Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org