Software - Microsoft Office
University Owned Computers
This download is available for UMaine faculty and staff for installation on office and other university owned computers. The user will be prompted to log in after choosing which version of the software to download.
The University of Maine System has an agreement with Microsoft that allows all of our students, faculty, and staff the personal use of certain Microsoft Office products.
The full MS Office package can be downloaded for Windows or Mac OS X on up to 5 personally owned devices.
You can also access Microsoft’s online, collaborative version of Office on any computer with an internet connection.
To install MS Office:
- Browse to http://office.com/getOffice365.
- Students select the Students link
- Select Find out if you’re eligible
- Step through the remainder of the process using a valid maine.edu address.
- Use the verification email sent to your maine.edu address to complete enrollment and create a Microsoft account.
- If your verification email isn’t received shortly, check junk mail and spam folders.
- Log in with your maine.edu email address and password
- Within the verification email select Complete Office 365 Education signup.
- Enter a First Name, Last name and password.
- The following instructions are for desktops and laptops. Tablet installations may vary.
- On the Office 365 page, select Start and then Install now
- There will be an option to save a file (filename ends with .exe for Windows, .dmg for Mac).
- Locate the saved file in the downloads area of the browser, run the file and follow the prompts.
- The screen titled First things first offers two options. Select No Thanks for both.