Upcoming Workshops free for faculty & staff
- Jul 29 - Blackboard 9 For Beginners
- Jul 29 - Blackboard 9 Testing/Grading
- Jul 30 - Optimizing media in WordPress
- Jul 31 - Apple OSX Mavericks Tips and Tricks
- Aug 4 - Migrate Content from FirstClass to Google
News & Events follow the works of UMIT
Security Alerts watch for threats on campus
- New Dell Computers May Get Blocked From Network
Disabling Dell Remote Access
Dell Remote Access is a program that comes pre-installed on new Dell laptops running Windows Vista.
Dell Remote Access includes a feature that allows you to scan your local network for devices such as network printers, scanners, and storage devices that you may want to connect to your laptop.
This scanning activity mimics the same pattern of traffic we would expect from a computer infected with a virus. In addition this program causes excessive network traffic potentially slowing down the network for everyone. If your laptop is running the scanning portion of the Dell Remote Access program, your laptop will be blocked from the UMaine network.
To avoid being blocked from the network, please follow the instructions below to disable Dell Remote Access.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Dell Remote Access.
- Click Options to open the Program Options screen.
- Uncheck Start Dell Remote Access when Windows starts.
- Click Save.
Copyright ©2006-2014 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.