|Description||Synapse is an online Learning Content Management System (LCMS). It is a highly modular based system that is robust, visually stunning and intuitive. Synapse can be used for full online courses, or for supplementing a live course with content, collaborative exercises and assessments.|
|Cost||Faculty/Administers pleases inquire: See contact info under the Getting Started section|
|Available To||Faculty, Students, Tutors, Coaches, and Organizations.|
- Robust: All the features to teach a course online.
- Media-rich learning environment.
- Developed at the University of Maine
o Custom module development based on instructor needs
o Support UMaine by using Synapse
- Accreditation Tools
- Powerful online Learning Content Management System
- Online gradebook and evaluations
o Media Rich Questions/Answers
o Essay, Short Answer, Multiple Choice Questions.
o Self-Testing with Feedback.
- Integrated Communication/Collaboration tool
- Powerful Asset Management System
o Online storage of content.
o Movies, audio, images, presentations, Web sites, YouTube, zip files, Knowledge Presenter, Flash animations,
o Integration of YouTube
o Smart folders with integrated metadata
- Statistical reports
- Degree progress report tool
- Strong permissions engine, allowing customization to different users types, such as tutors, advisers, coaches, etc.
Faculty should contact the BioMediaLab with any questions about setting up or managing a course. Phone: 581-4532. Email Synapse Support on FirstClass.
Students with questions about accessing Synapse should contact the BioMediaLab Help Center Phone: 581-4532. Email: Synapse Support on FirstClass.
Copyright ©2006-2013 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.