|Description||Blackboard 9 is an online Course Management System (CMS). It is robust and versatile - as useful for supplementing a live course with extra online functionality and content as it is for teaching an entire course online.|
|Available To||Faculty, Students|
- Robust: Blackboard 9 has all of the features you need to teach a course online.
- Versatile: The system is also highly modular, allowing you to use only the tools you need.
- Blackboard courses are automatically created (the instructor need only log in and choose to make it available) and students are automatically enrolled.
- Powerful online Course Management Software.
- Automatic enrollment of students.
- Many different tools available.
- Online gradebook and evaluations.
You can access Blackboard by visiting http://courses.maine.edu/
Check the Workshop section of this site to sign up for a free and frequently offered workshop on Blackboard.
Faculty should contact the Faculty Development Center with any questions about setting up or managing a course. Phone: 581-1925. Email: Faculty Development Center IT on Firstclass.
Students with questions about accessing Blackboard should contact the IT Help Center. Phone: 581-2506. Email: Help Center on Firstclass.
Copyright ©2006-2013 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.