Requirements - Women’s Studies
Description | Core Requirements | Canadian Studies | Anthropology
Foreign Languages | History | Political Science | Women’s Studies
All International Affairs majors must take WST 101 – Introduction to Women’s Studies. In addition, all students must take either WST 340 – Women and Globalization or WST 371 – Immigration, Women, and Society.
Students in the International Affairs/Women’s Studies concentration must take all of the following courses (12 credits):
- WST 101 – Introduction to Women’s Studies
- WST 340 – Women and Globalization
- WST 371 – Immigration, Women, and Society
- WST 480 – Senior Seminar in Women’s Studies (capstone).
At least four more courses (12 credits) must be chosen from the following:
- WST 201 – Topics in Women’s Studies: Women in the Hispanic World
- WST 230 – Women, Health, and the Environment
- WST 235 – Franco American Women’s Experience
- WST 250 – Women and Music
- WST 410 – Feminist Theory
- WST 430 – Women in Europe (travel/study)
- ANT 445 – Sex and Gender in Anthropology
- CHF 404 – Cross-cultural Perspectives on Gender and Violence
- HTY 452 – Gender and Warfare in Latin America
- SOC 319 – Domestic Violence and Social Structure
In a given semester there may be other topics courses added to this list of choices, subject to the approval of the Women’s Studies Director.
Back to Requirements