Study Abroad Programs - Recommended Programs
Students who participate in one of the recommended (non-exchange) study abroad programs pay all costs directly to the study abroad program. UMaine Financial Aid applies to all recommended programs. Students who participate in an approved recommended program earn transfer credit at the University of Maine.
Any University of Maine student who is considering a study abroad program that is not on this list must meet with the Study Abroad Advisor prior to completing an application. Remember, the internet is not always a good resource for finding reputable programs!
- Academic Programs International (API)
- Butler University Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA-Butler University)
- Center for International Studies (CIS)
- Council on International Education Exchange (CIEE)
- GlobaLinks Learning Abroad
- Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Principia Consortium
- Semester at Sea: Institute for Shipboard Education
- School for International Training (SIT)
- University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC)