Study Abroad – Outgoing - Eligibility Requirements and Deadlines
On this page:
Eligibility requirements vary from program to program. All students interested in studying abroad must meet the following requirements:
- be enrolled at UMaine full-time in the semester prior to studying abroad
- have completed two semesters of college by the start of the study abroad program
- 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA required (3.0 for direct exchange programs)
- good academic and disciplinary standing
- meet foreign language proficiency requirements if needed
There are limited spaces available for each Direct Exchange program. The Study Abroad Advisor reviews applications and nominates students for direct exchange programs on a rolling admissions basis. Therefore, students considering direct exchange programs are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible within the application dates listed below:
Fall 2013 programs – applications can be submitted to the Study Abroad Advisor starting August 29, 2012 until February 20, 2013.
Spring 2014 programs – applications can be submitted to the Study Abroad Advisor starting January 11, 2013 until October 15, 2014.
Students need to submit the Application form and the Study Abroad fee by the following UMaine deadlines:
February 20 – for Summer, Fall and Academic Year programs
October 15 – for Spring programs
Additionally, students must apply to the Recommended Program, and the deadlines, application procedures and fees vary from program to program.