International Students - Courses & Registration
All international students must be registered as full-time students to remain in lawful immigration status. Undergraduate students must register for at least twelve (12) credits; graduate students must register for at least six (6) credits each fall and spring semester. Intensive English students must enroll in 5 courses each session.
UMaine students use MaineStreet as their student portal. New students will receive login information with their acceptance letter. Course registration is done within the Academic Department. Students will receive more information about course registration in their acceptance letter.
- Course Descriptions - all courses in catalog
- Class Search - when courses are offered
- Schedule of classes and enrollment information
- List of Colleges
- List of Majors and Minors
- Academic Calendar
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Graduate Catalog
- Intensive English Institute
UMaine has its own languages of abbreviations. Here are a few helpful links as new students get acquainted with the University.
- A guide to UMaine services and activities
- Course Prefixes (e.g. POS stands for Political Science courses)
- Building Abbreviations (e.g. WW stands for Winslow where the Office of International Programs is located)
Helpful Information for International Students