Skip Navigation

International Students - Courses & Registration

All international students must be registered as full-time students to remain in lawful immigration status. Undergraduate students must register for at least twelve (12) credits; graduate students must register for at least six (6) credits each fall and spring semester. Intensive English students must enroll in 5 courses each session.

UMaine students use MaineStreet as their student portal. New students will receive login information with their acceptance letter. Course registration is done within the Academic Department. Students will receive more information about course registration in their acceptance letter.

UMaine has its own languages of abbreviations. Here are a few helpful links as new students get acquainted with the University.

Helpful Information for International Students


Print Friendly
Last Modified On August 8, 2013

Back to International Students