Arrival - When to Arrive for the Fall semester
Fall 2014 Arrival Information:
Students should plan to arrive in Orono no later than Tuesday, August 26, 2014.
Airport Pick-Ups, August 26th
- The Office of International Programs will meet students at the airport or bus stations on the first day of orientation. Students must submit their Arrival Information Form in order to be picked up from the airport or bus station. Alternatively, new students may choose to use a taxi service for transportation to the campus area at a cost of approximately $20-25 (USD).
- Orono is served by Bangor International Airport (BIA), which is only 12 miles from campus. Two bus lines also provide transportation to Bangor: Greyhound and Concord Coach Lines.
Residence Halls and Dining Plan
- The contract is effective Friday, August 29, 2014 when official move-in begins at 8:00 a.m. Early move-in must be arranged through our office, and you will be charged $20 daily prior to the start of the contract. Be sure to submit your arrival details ahead of time.
- Students who arrive earlier than August 26 or have accompanying guests may stay in a local hotels and motels
- A full Orientation program at the beginning of each semester helps students adjust to life on campus and in the community. Those who arrive early for Summer Session should visit the Office of International Programs for individualized advising and useful information that will familiarize them with the University and community.
Last Modified On November 7, 2013