Arrival - When to Arrive for the Fall semester
Fall 2014 Arrival Information:
Students should plan to arrive in Orono no later than Tuesday, August 26, 2014.
Airport Pick-Ups, August 26th
- Available on August 26th only!
- Submit their Arrival Information Form in order to be picked up from the airport or bus station.
- Students arriving after August 26th will need to use a taxi service for transportation to the campus area at a cost of approximately $20-25 (USD).
- Orono is served by Bangor International Airport (BIA), which is only 12 miles from campus.
- Two bus lines also provide transportation to Bangor: Greyhound and Concord Coach Lines.
Residence Halls and Dining Plan
- The contract is effective Friday, August 29, 2014 when official move-in begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Early move-ins on August 26, 27 or 28 must be arranged through our office, and you will be charged $21.80 daily. This money will be put on your Maine Card (student ID) and you may purchase food in the dining facilities with it. Be sure to submit your arrival details ahead of time.
- Residence halls do not provide sheets or blankets. If you would like to pre-order a sheet set and blanket please be sure to fill out the bedding pre-order form. You will be able to purchase your sheet set and other items on the day of arrival at the Book Store on campus.
- Students who arrive earlier than August 26 or have accompanying guests may stay in a local hotels and motels
- A mandatory Orientation program at the beginning of each semester helps students adjust to life on campus and in the community. Those who arrive early for Summer Session should visit the Office of International Programs for individualized advising and useful information that will familiarize them with the University and community.
Last Modified On July 25, 2014