Supervisor Development Institute - Overview
Benefits of Participation
- Upon completion of the Institute, you should be able to:
- Understand the function, expectations, responsibilities, and authority of your role as a supervisor.
- Be effective in working with employees.
- Set and achieve goals.
- Communicate more effectively.
- Develop a systematic and logical approach to solving problems and making decisions.
- Manage conflict and build consensus.
- Learn strategies to help develop the skills, knowledge, and abilities of direct reports.
- Establish a plan of self development in technical and managerial areas.
- Become part of a strong network of supervisors who can rely upon each other for support and information.
- To participate in the Institute and receive a certificate of completion, you will be required to:
- Submit a completed application form to Office of Human Resources, 243 Corbett Hall, signed by both you and your supervisor, indicating approval.
- Attend approximately 32 hours of workshops.
- Participate in ongoing reinforcement activities
Record Keeping/Certificate of Completion
The Office of Human Resources will track your attendance. Upon successful completion of all the requirements of the UMaine Supervisor Development Institute, you will be awarded a certificate. A copy of this certificate and notification of your successful completion will be placed in your Human Resources personnel file.
Back to Supervisor Development Institute