Supervisor Development Institute - Goals
- To develop a staff of highly skilled and competent supervisors who understand and manage human and capital resources in a strategic rather than reactive fashion.
- To make supervision at UMaine more effective and efficient by giving supervisors the tools, knowledge, and skills needed to be successful.
- To assist supervisors in the proper application and effective use of policies, procedures, services, and resources.
- To encourage consistency in how people supervise staff.
- To put supervisors in touch with one another in order to share ideas, solve problems, and provide support to each other.
- To improve communication within and between units at all levels of UMaine.
- To prevent problems caused by ineffective supervision.
- To promote wellness and employee satisfaction by improving supervisory practices.
- To make significant, long-term contributions to the mission of the University.
Back to Supervisor Development Institute