Curriculum - The Basics of Effective Supervision
The purpose of The Basics of Effective Supervision module is to provide an overview of roles and responsibilities of the UMaine supervisor, enable participants to identify their own strengths and weaknesses, and encourage supervisors to commit to specific steps to enhance their professional development.
As a result of participating in the Effective Supervision module, supervisors will be able to:
- Identify roles and responsibilities of the UMaine supervisor
- Identify critical pitfalls of supervision
- Identify effective supervisory practices
- Identify own strengths and weaknesses
- Create an action plan to improve weaknesses