Curriculum - Managing In A Diverse Workplace
Participants will begin to have an understanding or enhance their understanding of stereotyping and how it impacts on communication in the workplace.
- As a result of participating in this workshop, supervisors will:
- Begin the session with a basic definition and exploration of the concept stereotyping.
- Understand the different areas of diversity.
- Learn how we stereotype even ourselves.
- Explore our development of beliefs and assumptions, which tend to be false.
- Develop empathy for those who have been hurtfully stereotyped.
- Explore the next steps.