Curriculum - Effective Communication Skills
The purpose of the Effective Communication Skills module is to provide supervisors with background, tips, and practice in effective communication skills.
- As a result of participating in this workshop, supervisors will:
- Increase their knowledge of the communication process.
- Identify their communication skill strengths and areas to improve.
- Recognize barriers to effective communication.
- Identify tips for enhancing their tone, body language, and word choice.
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Demonstrate giving positive feedback and feedback for improvement.
- Write an action plan to commit to apply the skills on the job.