Key Steps to Filling a Salaried (Professional) Position Vacancy - Recruiting
The goal of the University of Maine’s recruitment efforts is to attract a diverse qualified applicant pool in accordance with the University’s Affirmative Action plan, federal and state laws, and University policy.
Topics for discussion with your department’s Human Resources Officer (HRO):
- Do you already have ideas about recruiting for the position?
- How much time should I allow to complete the search?
- Where/how will the position be advertised?
- How can I learn about recruiting in this job market?
- Who will be on the search committee?
Your HRO will assist you in drafting the Recruitment Strategy Form which will be considered for approval by the Associate Director or Director of EO before the position is considered for final approval by the applicable Vice President or Provost