Key Steps to Filling a Salaried (Professional) Position Vacancy - Official Offer of Employment and Search Wrap-Up
An individual’s employment in a regular position should not be scheduled to begin until final approvals have been received by the AVP of HR or the University of Maine President. If you wish for an employee to being work before the regular status has been approved, please contact your department’s Human Resources Officer (HRO) about hiring the individual as a temporary employee.
The federal government requires all new employees to complete an I-9 within 3 business days of beginning work. This form may be completed in the Payroll Office, and establishes the person’s ability to accept employment in the United States.
- Formal appointment letter
- Signed by the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources or the University of Maine President
- Finalist is asked to formally sign offer letter acknowledging their acceptance of the employment offer.
- Finalist is scheduled for New Employee Orientation
- To check the status of the appointment letter, contact the assistant HRO, Dianne King, by email or at 581-1640.
- Notice to all unsuccessful candidates
- Search materials retained by department for three years.
Back to Key Steps to Filling a Salaried (Professional) Position Vacancy