Key Steps to Filling a Hourly (Classified) Position Vacancy - What is a Human Resources Officers (HRO)?
Human Resources Officers (HRO) perform a full range of personnel and employment related services to assigned departments. These officers work closely with departmental staff to provide comprehensive consulting and collaborative assistance around human resources policies and procedures. The HRO serves as a resource to departmental administrative employees by advising, supporting, and assisting them relative to day-to-day human resources transactions. The HRO also works to transfer knowledge and expertise to assigned departments and, when necessary, facilitates access to specialized staff.
The following list highlights examples of assistance and expertise offered by an HRO:
- Employment and staffing needs, including the management and completion of position vacancy searches
- Performance evaluation
- Organizational design, development and effectiveness
- Interpretation of collective bargaining agreements and employment policies
- Classification and compensation issues
- Employee grievance resolution
- Accurate paperwork processing