Key Steps to Filling a Hourly (Classified) Position Vacancy - Applicant Screening Process
Your HRO will also be available to meet with the Search Committee or hiring administrator to answer any procedural questions you may have. Your HRO will be available throughout the screening process to serve as a resource and collaborative sounding board through the various stages of reviewing the applicants.
If you need advice or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact your HRO.
The Screening Process:
- Review screening criteria listed on the Comparative Application Rating sheet (Excel)
- Candidates who do not meet the minimum required qualifications for the position require no further review
- Consult with your HRO before making any changes to the screening criteria
- Apply screening process consistently to all applicants
- Each committee member conducts his/her own evaluation of each candidate
- Consider using an appropriate and related workplace scenario as a screening tool
Contact your HRO to review the rating process and the pool of applicants who have tentatively been identified for interview. The HRO can provide an objective confirmation that this selection represents a consistent and fair application of the job related criteria. The HRO may also be available to assist with or help coordinate various steps in the interview process.
Please call us for more information or to discuss your needs.