Alphabetical List - Personnel Data Update
Change a regular employee’s MaineStreet payroll record for actions/reasons not listed on other Human Resource forms.
- Use this form for the actions listed, other miscellaneous changes, or when no other form exists for the action you want to accomplish.
- A list of payroll/personnel forms is available at http://umaine.edu/hr/managers-tools/forms/personnel-forms/
- The fields on this form are the information needed by Payroll to complete the changes listed. Please fill in the requested fields. If a field does not apply to the change you are trying to accomplish, please mark it as N/A (not applicable).
- Human Resources initiates Personnel Data Update Forms for faculty reappointed through the normal campus reappointment review process.
- Promotions should be processed on the Pay Change Form.
- Changes in title (with no change in salary) that affect the level and/or scope of the employee’s duties should be accompanied with a revised job description. A revised Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ) may be required for salaried employees.
- To extend a temporary hourly employee use the Temporary Hourly Request form (PDF).
Completing the Form
When processing a reappointment, remember that:
- For every given start/end date period, 100% funding must be indicated. A placeholder account (such as the departmental E&G) should be listed if the entire 100% funding is not yet in place. At any time, a superseding form can be filed to correct the future distribution.
- Payroll needs a 10 digit accounting ID for data entry, if a new number is needed, please request and indicate it on the form before submitting the earnings distribution form. The corresponding chartfields should always be indicated so the various fields can be easily verified. This will save everyone else who views the form from having to translate in one direction or the other.
Form Routing and Approvals
- A reappointment or an extension of a probationary period requires the supervisor’s signature as well as the administrator at the next level of the organizational chart.
- Jennifer Baker, Financial Manager, Sponsored Programs, if the action includes a Fund 23 chartfield combo (MEIF).
- Provost’s Office review and approval is required for reappointments funded by non-soft money sources.
- Forms for faculty reappointments, approved as part of the normal campus review process, are initiated within Human Resources.
- Other changes as listed on this form require only approval from the department head.