Alphabetical List - PATFA / Overload Teaching Agreement
- Hire a part-time, temporary faculty member, or
- Assign an overload teaching assignment to an existing regular University employee.
- Completed paperwork needs approval through the Provost and/or VP level, and should be delivered to OHR at least a week prior to the hire date.
- A Request to Fill is not required.
- The initial hire of a part-time, temporary faculty member should include the person’s resume or vita and they must have completed and placed on file an Availability Form prior to accepting a part-time faculty teaching assignment. See Article 10 of the PATF agreement (PDF) for procedures relative to the Availability Form (PDF).
- Overload schedules for PATFA, AFUM, and other employees are available
Completing the Form
The employee’s regular bargaining unit
- Lecturer: use only for non PATFA unit faculty
- Lecturer I (0-10 semesters previous college teaching or equivalent experience), Lecturer II (11-19 semesters previous college teaching or equivalent experience), and Lecturer III (20 semesters or over) are ranks used exclusively for PATFA (or temporary faculty teaching during the summer.)
Faculty Member Signature
Certifies the acceptance of terms and conditions of the temporary assignment and that the temporary employee has received the Part Time Faculty Association Employment Information Summary.
||Part Time Faculty Regular Base Earnings
||Part Time Faculty Course Preparation Fee
||Part Time Faculty Temporary Teaching
||Part Time Regular Faculty Overload Teaching
||Part Time Faculty Summer Teaching
||Part Time Teaching Cancellation Fee
||Part Time Faculty May Term Teaching
||Regular Faculty (AFUM/Non Rep) Overload Teaching
||Part Time Teaching – Music Lessons
||Regular Faculty (AFUM/Non Rep) Teaching Lab
||Part Time Teaching Independent Study
||Part Time Teaching Other Regular Employees
Form Routing and Approvals
- Chair and/or Director of unit offering the assignment,
- Graduate Dean (for 500-600 level courses) or for Graduate Assistants receiving a teaching overload,
- Vice President and/or Provost, and
- Human Resources
Back to Alphabetical List