Housing Information for Current Residents
- CURRENT RESIDENTS WITH SOPHOMORE STATUS AS OF FALL 2014
- CURRENT RESIDENTS WITH JUNIOR/SENIOR STATUS FOR FALL 2014
CHECK-IN FOR RETURNING STUDENTS
Residence hall check-in for returning students is on Monday, September 1 between 10am and 11pm. Classes begin on Tuesday, September 2, 2014.
Residence hall check-in for new first-year and transfer students is on Friday, August 29 between 8am and 11pm.
- Cancellation fees are being waived at this time. Please check this site for an update after September 15, 2014.
- The Room and Board License (PDF) is for the entire academic year or the remainder of academic year if assigned after opening in the fall.
HOUSING DURING UNIVERSITY BREAKS
All residence halls are open for the Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break. Kennebec, Knox, York and DTAV/Patch are open for all breaks, including the semester break and spring break. All other halls will close for the semester break at 5pm on Friday, December 19, 2014 and will reopen on Sunday, January 11, 2015. All halls except for Kennebec, Knox, York and DTAV/Patch will close for the spring break at 5pm on Friday, February 27, 2015 and will reopen on Sunday, March 15, 2015.
Maintenance Requests – please click here.
MicroFridge Rentals – please contact universitylogistics.net.
We enourage all residents to insure their personal belongings. Please check to see whether your personal belongings are covered by your family’s homeowner policy while you are enrolled. If not, please be aware that comprehensive, affordable property insurace specifically designed for college students is available. Contact collegestudentinsurance.com for information and rates.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Residence Halls – general information about each residence hall
- UMaine Dining
Housing Modification/Disability Access
- Residents who present medical or psychological conditions that are documented by a qualified medical provider may request special housing accommodations.
- Housing/Dining/Meal Plan Modification Procedure (PDF).
- Housing Doc of Need Form_revised_ 2_2013.
- Requests are reviewed and upon approval reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the documented need.
- If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance with accommodations, please contact Ann Smith, Director of Disability Support Services, voice 207.581.2319, TTY 207.581.2325, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.