Housing Information for Current Students
HALL CLOSING FOR SEMESTER BREAK – FRIDAY, DECEMBER 20 AT 5PM
All halls EXCEPT York, Knox, DTAV, Patch and Stodder will close at 5pm on Friday, December 20, 2013. All halls will reopen for the spring semester at 10am on Sunday, January 12, 2014. If you will not be returning for the spring semester, please be sure to check out of your hall with a Residence Life staff member no later than 5pm on Friday, December 20 to avoid additional charges. This includes residents of York, Knox, DTAV and Patch.
CURRENT RESIDENTS – REGISTRATION STATUS FOR SPRING SEMESTER E-MAIL
All current residents have been sent an e-mail to their @maine.edu e-mail address asking for registration status for the spring semester. If you are a current resident and did not receive the e-mail from Housing Services, please log in to your MaineStreet e-mail address. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need further assistance.
CANCELLATION FEES IN EFFECT AS OF OCTOBER 15, 2013
- Beginning October 15, 2013 room and board cancellation fees will apply for any student who remains enrolled and moves out of the residence hall. Please refer to the appropriate room cancellation fee schedule below. More information about cancellation fees is available at umaine.edu/housing/cancellation-fee/.
- Room Cancellation Fee Schedule 2013-2014
- Graduate Room Cancellation Fee Schedule 2013-2014
- The Room and Board License (PDF) is for the entire academic year or the remainder of academic year if assigned after opening in the fall.
ROOM MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (RMS) UPGRADE NOVEMBER 7 and NOVEMBER 8
The Spring 2014 housing application will not be available during an upgrade to our system beginning at midnight (EST) on November 7 through midnight (EST) November 9.
SPRING HOUSING APPLICATION/ROOM ASSIGNMENTS FOR SPRING 2014
If you are a current student living off campus and wish to apply for housing for the the spring 2014 semester, the housing application for spring will be available in mid-October. The date the spring housing application will be available will be posted here. To apply for housing for spring 2014:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the spring housing application
- Log in to myHousing on this website with your MaineStreet logon and password to access the spring housing application
- Check your assignment after December 16, 2013 by logging in to myHousing and clicking on “Check my assignment”.
- The Spring 2014 room and board license begins on January 12, 2014. Early arrival is not an option for spring.
Roommate requests may not be possible to accommodate due to space limitations.
SPRING 2014 ARRIVAL
Returning students should plan to arrive on campus on Sunday, January 12, 2014 between 10am and 11pm.
DTAV/PATCH (Upperclass Suite-style housing) APPLICATION PROCESS
Limited spaces may be available. If you are eligible for DTAV/Patch suite-style housing (Junior standing or higher), and have already submitted a housing application online, please sign and return the Living in the Village Agreement available below. Return the LVA either by fax to 207-581-3663 or by scanning it as a jpg or pdf and attaching it to an e-mail addressed to email@example.com. There are no single rooms available. Please indicate on the LVA your meal plan preference if it is different from what you submit on your housing application.
Living in the Village Agreement 2013-2014 (required)
HOUSING DURING UNIVERSITY BREAKS
The upperclass halls open for all university breaks are York and DTAV/Patch. All other halls remain open for Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break, and are closed for the semester and spring breaks.
Maintenance Requests – please click here.
MicroFridge Rentals – please contact www.universitylogistics.net.
We enourage all residents to insure their personal belongings. Please check to see whether your personal belongings are covered by your family’s homeowner policy while you are enrolled. If not, please be aware that comprehensive, affordable property insurace specifically designed for college students is available. Contact www.collegestudentinsurance.com for information and rates.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Residence Halls – general information about each residence hall
- UMaine Dining
Housing Modification/Disability Access
- Residents who present medical or psychological conditions that are documented by a qualified medical provider may request special housing accommodations.
- Housing/Dining/Meal Plan Modification Procedure (PDF).
- Housing Doc of Need Form_revised_ 2_2013.
- Requests are reviewed and upon approval reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the documented need.
- If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance with accommodations, please contact Ann Smith, Director of Disability Support Services, voice 207 581-2319, TTY 207 581-2325, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.