Housing Information for Current Residents
- CURRENT RESIDENTS WITH SOPHOMORE STATUS AS OF FALL 2014
- CURRENT RESIDENTS WITH JUNIOR/SENIOR STATUS FOR FALL 2014
HOUSING OPTIONS FOR 2014-2015
CURRENT RESIDENTS WITH SOPHOMORE STATUS AS OF FALL 2014
Please note that we are unable to process applications from current students who are living off campus until we have accommodated current on-campus residents.
ROOM CHANGES FOR SPRING SEMESTER
Current residents may request a room/hall change through the Community Coordinator in her/his area. Room changes, when approved, occur on the weekend following approval. A Room Freeze will be in effect as of April 28, 2014 through the end of the academic year.
MEAL PLAN CHANGES FOR SPRING SEMESTER
The meal plan change option for spring will be available at myHousing on January 12, 2014.
CANCELLATION FEES IN EFFECT AS OF OCTOBER 15, 2013
- Beginning October 15, 2013 room and board cancellation fees will apply for any student who remains enrolled and moves out of the residence hall. Please refer to the appropriate room cancellation fee schedule below. More information about cancellation fees is available at umaine.edu/housing/cancellation-fee/.
- Room Cancellation Fee Schedule 2013-2014
- Graduate Room Cancellation Fee Schedule 2013-2014
- The Room and Board License (PDF) is for the entire academic year or the remainder of academic year if assigned after opening in the fall.
HOUSING DURING UNIVERSITY BREAKS
For Spring 2014, the upperclass halls open for all university breaks are York and DTAV/Patch. All other halls remain open for Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break, and are closed for the semester and spring breaks.
Maintenance Requests – please click here.
MicroFridge Rentals – please contact www.universitylogistics.net.
We enourage all residents to insure their personal belongings. Please check to see whether your personal belongings are covered by your family’s homeowner policy while you are enrolled. If not, please be aware that comprehensive, affordable property insurace specifically designed for college students is available. Contact www.collegestudentinsurance.com for information and rates.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Residence Halls – general information about each residence hall
- UMaine Dining
Housing Modification/Disability Access
- Residents who present medical or psychological conditions that are documented by a qualified medical provider may request special housing accommodations.
- Housing/Dining/Meal Plan Modification Procedure (PDF).
- Housing Doc of Need Form_revised_ 2_2013.
- Requests are reviewed and upon approval reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the documented need.
- If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance with accommodations, please contact Ann Smith, Director of Disability Support Services, voice 207 581-2319, TTY 207 581-2325, or e-mail email@example.com.